- 10 Brave Semi Truck Drivers Saved My Life!
A heart-warming story of a traumatic road accident and the truckers that saved a woman from her crushed vehicle.
- How to Buy a Used Semi Truck
How to Buy a Used Semi Truck - Buying a used Class 8 truck or other commercial rig is a smart way for owner-operators to save money in the early days of their business.
- Should I Lease-to-Own a Semi Truck?
Should I Lease-to-Own a Semi Truck?
- Pneumatic Trailers - Trucks - Flatbed Trailers - Vehicles | Retirement Auction
Pneumatic Trailers, Trucks, Flatbed Trailers, Vehicles, Retirement Auction
- Miller Transportation Dealer Welcome
Miller Transportation Dealer
- What's On the Horizon for Trucks and Fleets of the Future?
What's On the Horizon for Trucks and Fleets of the Future?
- Top Five List: Best and the Worst States for Small Trucking Companies
Top Five List: Best and the Worst States for Small Trucking Companies
- Wanted: 5.6 Million New Truck Drivers
Wanted: 5.6 Million New Truck Drivers
- MAN's Streamlined Semi Truck is a Futuristic Fuel Saver
MAN's Streamlined Semi Truck is a Futuristic Fuel Saver
- Will Amazon's Foray Into Delivery Change the Face of Trucking and Logistics?
Will Amazon's Foray Into Delivery Change the Face of Trucking and Logistics?
- California Leads Again With New Meal/Rest Break Legislation
California Leads Again With New Meal/Rest Break Legislation
- Are You Ready for the New Driving Log Regulations?
Are You Ready for the New Driving Log Regulations?
- Long Haul Drivers Need a Health Makeover
Long Haul Drivers Need a Health Makeover
- Truckers Show Cluster of Chronic Health Issues
Truckers Show Cluster of Chronic Health Issues
- Are You Prepared for the Next Snow Storm?
Are You Prepared for the Next Snow Storm?
- Getting a Commercial Truck Driving License in Pennsylvania Got a Little Harder
Getting a Commercial Truck Driving License in Pennsylvania Got a Little Harder
- Are You an Employee or Independent Contractor - Case Study
Are You an Employee or Independent Contractor - Case Study
- Could A Trucker's Pension Cut be on the Radar for Congress?
Could A Trucker's Pension Cut be on the Radar for Congress?
- What's Happening with the CSA Safety Measurement Scores?
What's Happening with the CSA Safety Measurement Scores?
- Even Small Business isn't Exempt from the eLog Mandate
Even Small Business isn't Exempt from the eLog Mandate
- Fed Eyes Law Change Allowing Under 21 Year Old Interstate Truck Drivers
Fed Eyes Law Change Allowing Under 21 Year Old Interstate Truck Drivers
- New Federal Medical Form Implementation Delayed
New Federal Medical Form Implementation Delayed
- Technology and the Trucking Industry - Time for Improvement
Technology and the Trucking Industry - Time for Improvement
- ATA Predicts Increase to Trucker's Pay Due to Driver Shortage
ATA Predicts Increase to Trucker's Pay Due to Driver Shortage
- Truckers and Sleep Apnea - A Real Problem
Truckers and Sleep Apnea - A Real Problem
- California Mandated Trucker Breaks Face Federal Review
California Mandated Trucker Breaks Face Federal Review
- Technology Changes the Face of Trucking by Going Digital
Technology Changes the Face of Trucking by Going Digital
- Women Step Up to Fill the Gap in the Truck Driver Shortage
Women Step Up to Fill the Gap in the Truck Driver Shortage
- Transfix the Uber for Trucking Raises $14.5 Million in Funding
Transfix the Uber for Trucking Raises $14.5 Million in Funding
- The 2015/2016 Roller Coaster of Freight Volume
The 2015/2016 Roller Coaster of Freight Volume
- D.C Schank from Lynden Transport in Alaska Selected to Drive National Christmas Tree to DC
D.C Schank from Lynden Transport in Alaska Selected to Drive National Christmas Tree to DC
- Denis Day of Con-way Freight Celebrates 3 Million Continuous Accident Free Miles
Denis Day of Con-way Freight Celebrates 3 Million Continuous Accident Free Miles
- November 2015 Scholarship Winner – Robert Williams
November 2015 Scholarship Winner – Robert Williams
- Need a Job? We're Looking for 890,000 New Truck Drivers
Need a Job? We're Looking for 890,000 New Truck Drivers
- Missing Trucking Executive's Family Looks for Help in Solving "Cold Case"
400,000 Retired Trucking Teamsters May Get Pension Cut
- Driverless Trucks May End the Driver Shortage Quickly
It may seem like something out of a science fiction movie, but entire fleets of trucks that can drive themselves are not far in the future. Self-driving trucks are being tested in the United States, as well as Germany and other parts of the world.
- Transportation Intelligence Firm Starts to Push Freight Forecast Down - The Trucking Boom May be Over
Transportation Intelligence Firm Starts to Push Freight Forecast Down - The Trucking Boom May be Over
- Outpouring of Love to Truckers Nationwide from Fastport's Imagine Video
Outpouring of Love to Truckers Nationwide from Fastport's Imagine Video
- Will a Program Like Celadon's WageLock Be In Your Next Benefits Package?
Will a Program Like Celadon's WageLock Be In Your Next Benefits Package?
- $4.6 Million Grant to Teamsters to Boost Training in Trucking Industry
$4.6 Million Grant to Teamsters to Boost Training in Trucking Industry
- Where Truck Driving Newbies Can Get and Share the Best and Worst on Trucking
Where Truck Driving Newbies Can Get and Share the Best and Worst on Trucking
- West VA Trucking Association Launches New Truck Driver Job Portal
West VA Trucking Association Launches New Truck Driver Job Portal
- Five Tips to Staying Alert on the Road on that Next Long Haul
Five Tips to Staying Alert on the Road on that Next Long Haul
- Trucking Company Owner Slammed with Fine & Jail Time for Bilking the Marine Corps
Trucking Company Owner Slammed with Fine & Jail Time for Bilking the Marine Corps
- Team Drivers to Get a $5,000 Signing Bonus with Werner Enterprises
Team Drivers to Get a $5,000 Signing Bonus with Werner Enterprises
- Trucking Revenue Tops a Whopping $700 Billion for the First Time Ever!
Trucking Revenue Tops a Whopping $700 Billion for the First Time Ever!
- Truck Drivers Win Overtime Settlement in Alabama
Truck Drivers Win Overtime Settlement in Alabama
- Driver for Wal-Mart Wins Bendix National Truck Driving Championship
Driver for Wal-Mart Wins Bendix National Truck Driving Championship
- Wisconsin Governor Signs Do Not Track Bill, But One That Does Not Impact Business and Fleet Tracking
Wisconsin Governor Signs Do Not Track Bill, But One That Does Not Impact Business and Fleet Tracking
- Volvo Partners with Omnitracs to Provide Integrated Fleet Management Services
Volvo Partners with Omnitracs to Provide Integrated Fleet Management Services
- 100 Truck Washes and Counting - Blue Beacon Keeps Your Rig Sparkling Clean
100 Truck Washes and Counting - Blue Beacon Keeps Your Rig Sparkling Clean
- Trucker Left Dangling from Bridge for An Hour
Trucker Left Dangling from Bridge for An Hour
- Long Haul Driver Turnover Plummets to New Four Year Low
Long Haul Driver Turnover Plummets to New Four Year Low
- Tired, Need Rest But No Parking Spots - What to Do?
Tired, Need Rest But No Parking Spots - What to Do?
- Are You Ready to Trust Your Big Rig to a Teen Driver?
Are You Ready to Trust Your Big Rig to a Teen Driver?
- Desperate for a Cool One? Beer Truck Driver Robbed at Noon Stop
Desperate for a Cool One? Beer Truck Driver Robbed at Noon Stop
- ATA Releases Trucking Trends for 2015
Trucking soared to new heights in 2014, and American Trucking Associations has the scoop on all the numbers. Here are some highlights from the latest release of American Trucking Trends.
- Preventing Summer Heat Tire Blowouts on the Road
Hot weather can sometimes be harder on your truck that cold weather and we need to know the tips for keeping our trucks safe for us and other drivers. With temperatures rising, the heat can be bad for our tires. If you add high temperatures to increased friction, high speeds, and turning corners on hot asphalt, this can cause your tire to heat beyond the recommended temperature, potentially causing a blowout. A tire blowout not only affects us, but can affect those around us, too.
- Stay Cool in Summer Heat with Our Summer Trucking Tips
As truck drivers, whether you drive a big rig, a bowser, an RV, an MPV, a four wheeler or anything in between, you'll always want to stay cool in the heat of the summer. And yes, we know about air conditioning in vehicles that essentially allow you to keep the cab temp comfortable and healthy, but there are still times when you'll have to be outside or face mother nature and the suns rays. So here are some of the best tips on keeping your cool all season long.
- The Healthy Trucker - Exercise Gurus for Busy Truckers on the Go
When you're on the road, being healthy can sometimes take a back seat. You're sitting in the truck for hours at a time, unable to get much exercise and a lot of that time is spent snacking or eating fast food because it's quick and convenient. But, if you want to be a healthier, happier truck driver, TheHealthyTrucker, net is helpful resource for you and your family. Their team includes industry experts to offer you advice in different area, calling themselves your co-driver for the fitness of mind, body & wallet.
- Trucker to Trucker Tips: Trucker Tire Safety Reminders
Commission, approximately 95,000 people suffered injuries and 3,964 were killed from accidents involving large trucks in 2013. Although some accidents were linked to bad drivers on suspended licenses, mental impairment and other drivers, some of these accidents involved trucks that did not have safe tires.
- Trucker to Trucker Tips: Five Summer Truck Driving Tips - Keepin' Cool!
Yes, we know that truckers are already cool, and that can't be disputed. But keepin' cool is an entirely different matter in and of itself. Long hours on hot summer asphalt does not make for cool and comfort, which also cannot be disputed, but there are certain things you can do to keep your cool while remaining cool, every time you drive.
- Save Money: Where Does Diesel Cost the Most and the Least?
OK truckers, here is the skinny on diesel fuel prices, what drives the price and where the cheapest fuel is. You may be surprised at what you are about to read. Breaking it Down When compared to gasoline, it takes less time and effort to refine diesel fuel.
- Trucking and Veterans: Tips for Finding the Right Job Fit
When you serve in the military, you have a very disciplined, scheduled life for the number of years you serve. This is true whether you are stationed at a local base go overseas and fight in a war. You are trained not only to do the job of defending your country, but you are also trained to do some kind of specialty job, too. What happens when your service ends? You are expected to find a job and that structure is gone.
- 74-Year-Old Lady Trucker Keeps on Truckin'!
And just when you think you've been on the road a long time, I've got news for you. Back in 1968, a trucker was featured on the program What's My Line, a popular game show of the time. After several questions, answers and guesses, none of the celebrity panelists were able to guess the occupation of Linda Cottrill. Yes, a lady trucker from Massillon, Ohio, stumped the panel. No one could believe that this diminutive young woman would be piloting a truck.
- Highlighting the Most Beautiful Trucker Finalist Amy McGrath
Forget everything you thought you knew about truckers. The reality is that lady truckers are invading the industry, carrying on family traditions and becoming the new faces of trucking. Amy McGrath, one of finalists for the Most Beautiful Trucker of 2015, which is sponsored by Overdrive Magazine is just one such example.
- New Trucking Regulations Brewing in Congress - What It Means for You
The Transportation, Housing and Urban Development funding bill for fiscal year ending in 2016 could have a big impact on truckers. As we have previously pointed out at Trucker To Trucker, it is extremely important to always keep up-to-date with new federal trucking legislation whether you have a single truck or a large fleet.
- New Age Truckers - How Meditation Reduces Stress and Improves Health
As you already know, trucking is a vital industry that keeps the country running. It also happens to be an extremely stressful line of work that can wreak havoc on your health. Based on your own experiences, it shouldn't come as a surprise that truckers suffer from obesity, hypertension and other chronic illnesses at rates far above the rest of the population. This all begs the question of how truckers can enjoy a better quality of life.
- Trending Trucker Helper Apps
Cell phones, smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices have been some of the greatest innovations in the trucking industry. These gadgets are some of the most important instruments in a truckers life, and better still, you can download some great apps and make them even better.
- Tennessee Trucking: Watch Out for Those GPS Directions to Back Roads!
You are an over-the-road trucker and you rely on your GPS to get you where you need to go. They have been one of the most welcome additions to trucking since the CB radio, they have saved many miles and many hours of drive time, but sometimes the best way to go is not always the GPS way to go.
- How Low Diesel Fuel Prices Are Impacting the Business of Trucking
Now that diesel fuel prices are beginning to slide downwards, consumers with diesel powered autos couldn't be happier. But the biggest consumers of diesel fuel are truck drivers who depend on it to get the job done. The truth of the matter is that, fuel prices are the single greatest expense when it comes to the trucking industry, and lower diesel fuel is always a welcome sign.
- New Liability Limits - Are You In the Know?
One of the risks that goes along with owning a trucking company is having to make liability payments if one of your drivers injures someone in an accident. This amount is decided on through the legal system and typically goes toward compensating victims for medical care. The minimum liability requirement right now is $750,000.
- Look for Tepid but Steady Growth in Trucking Sectors in 2015
Any increase in business is good news in the trucking industry. Also, if the trends are correct, the industry will have a slow, gradual increase in business throughout the year, which is excellent news for freight shippers, carriers and brokers.
- China is Funding Truck Monitoring Software
In the trucking industry, we're always looking for new tricks and trends to move business forward. So what's the new trend in trucking? Partnering with China. That's right. A company across the world wants to help the American trucking industry find and keep customers and improve business in American trucking.
- Fitness Guru Monitors Truckers Fitness for Prime Inc's Drivers
Most semi truck driver news involving health focuses on sleep issues, but truck driving can also take a toll on drivers' physical fitness as well. Drivers spend a good part of their workdays sitting behind the wheel, keeping irregular hours and relying on convenient fast food places for meals.
- Look Who's Lobbying for Truckers - the State Police
While politics makes strange bedfellows, it is often the lobbyist who are paid to get into bed with special interest groups. Thus is the case in the current we-say, they-say debate about longer and heavier trucks on the highways.
- Truck Driver Shortage Worsens With a 90% Turnover Rate
Although unemployment rates in the US have been slowly recovering since the economic downturn in 2008, the trucking industry continues to face a steep and steadily worsening shortage of truck drivers. As freight volumes keep increasing, this shortage is becoming an even bigger problem for the trucking industry.
- Old Pros Should Be Mentoring Young Drivers
In this world, everything seems to be a competition. Who is the biggest, the best and the fastest wins. We forget the value of qualities like wisdom and experience. And we certainly let too many opportunities for guidance and compliments go by. This is something that can change in our industry.
- Is "Uber" for Trucking Coming Because of the Driver Shortage?
It may be well known that there is a driver shortage in the trucking industry. As a truck driver, you know that not having enough drivers to deliver freight puts stress on you while you're trying to get as much done as possible. Sometimes you're even doing the work of multiple drivers in the same amount of time as one. On the Move Solutions (OMVS), a company who focuses on developing cutting-edge technology in a variety of fields of business, might possibly have a solution for this dilemma.
- In the Future You May be Sitting In Your Easy Chair Watching the Road
If sitting behind the wheel of your truck and staring at the highway gets a bit boring at times, you might be interested in one of the newest trucking trends. Mercedes-Benz is working on a truck that will be able to drive itself, letting you relax and enjoy the ride from one destination to the next.
- Great Mileage Tracking Apps to Review
As a trucker, logging your mileage is of utmost importance because mileage is often what much of your pay is based on. If you don't log miles, you don't get paid. Logging miles used to mean coming home from your long trip and spending time in your logbook tracking those miles. If you were diligent, as you were supposed to be, you did it as your trip progressed.
- New App From BF Goodrich Makes It Easy for Truckers
When a tire blowout ruins your day on the road, wouldn't it be nice if you could just press a button and fix everything? That's the idea behind the truck tire locator app from BFGoodrich. The app does plenty more than just find commercial truck tires, too. You can search for towing, tire inspections, oil & lube, and other kinds of service centers nearby.
- Regulatory Update Refresher
Time for some spring cleaning — and that includes checking in on trucking regulations that affect your daily life. The trucking industry in the midst of further changes to the restart rules and other new items:
- Find Out What the King of the Road Survey Says
The survey of Atlas Van Lines drivers, also known as the King of the Road Survey, is useful not just to other truck drivers, but to families planning vacations and frequent business travelers. Founded in 1948 and headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, Atlas is a private, agent owned company that has about $900 million in revenue each year. Their results to the mostly scientific and nearly indispensable survey makes for some interesting reading to anyone who spends much time on the road.
- Truckers: Proudly Moving America
It is not enough to say that without truck drivers, America stops moving. America also stops eating in many areas of the country and stops working practically everywhere in the United States. About 70 percent of all raw goods, food, equipment, and product moves by truck. According to the Department of Transportation Statistics, the trucking industry employs over 8.7 million people and moves 9.2 billion tons of freight, valued at $671 billion, with over 5.6 million tractor trailers that are driven by more than 3.5 million men and women.
- New Scholarship Opportunities - CDL and College
New Scholarship Opportunities - CDL and College
- Virginia Doctor Tends Truckers on Their Schedule and Builds His Practice at the Same Time
Virginia Doctor Tends Truckers on Their Schedule and Builds His Practice at the Same Time
- Is Being an Owner-Operator Right for You?
Is Being an Owner-Operator Right for You?
- Are Better Brakes In the Future?
Are Better Brakes In the Future?
- Truck Drive Newbie? Here's Our Top Tips from Trucking Pros
Before you hit the road, try learning from experienced truckers. There will still be plenty to learn after you buy a new truck and start your first job, but the more you know the better. Here's what veteran truckers want newbies to know:
- Will Your Truck in the Future Be Powered by Natural Gas?
While electric vehicles get a lot of attention currently, there is another alternative fuel that is among the most abundant and clean burning available. Natural gas is considerably less costly than diesel and expected to remain that way for the foreseeable future.
- New App Makes Crossing to Canada Easier for Truckers
Trucking across the border just got a whole lot easier for those making their way between the U.S. and Canada. Livingston's new app Shipment Tracker streamlines the scanning and tracking process for shipments headed either direction.
- Boot the Home - How to Live Full-Time in Your Truck and Love It
If some of the most enjoyable times of your life have been on the road as a professional truck driver, you are not alone. Truckers are not truly happy with any other vocation. For a small number of truck drivers, the road and their tractor really do become home. They fully transition from having a residence in one particular state to having their truck as headquarters, work space, and dwelling. If you feel that is the right life for you, here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Why I Love Being a Truck Driver - Is This Your Story Too?
What is it about being a truck driver that is so alluring? Is it the open spaces, freedom of the road, opportunity to see new places and meet interesting people along the way, working for yourself, or do you just yearn for an adventure every time you turn on the ignition and take to the highways and byways?
- DOT Says Truckers Don't Need to Do Daily Paperwork as of Mid December 2014
Tired of filling out paperwork when you have no changes to report on your DVIR (Daily Vehicle Inspection Report)? Well, apparently the U.S. D.O.T. is also tired of reading them – so as of December 2014, if you have no mechanical or safety issues to report, fuh-get about it.
- LA Port Truckers Highlight Problems in Shift to Independent Contractor Status
As Shakespeare once asked, What's in a name? For truckers working the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, and by extension others across the country, their continued livelihood depends on the answer. Drivers and trucking companies have been locked in a bitter labor dispute, causing the truckers to strike last November in an effort to obtain more equitable working conditions. At issue is the loss of employee status as companies now list them as independent contractors.
- In Calgary, There's No Looking for a Detour From Your Route!
If your future travels take you through Calgary, better make sure you take your checkbook along. The city council is instituting a steep hike in the fine for straying from designated trucking routes. Local regulations are designed to keep trucks and other heavy vehicles on the city's major roads and thoroughfares. The intent is to prevent noise and obstacles from disrupting quieter residential areas.
- Trucker Buddy International Connects Truckers to Kids Through Postcards
For grammar and middle school aged children, Trucker Buddy International offers a fun, real-life alternative to the typical textbook learning of geography, math, social studies, and more according to the New York Times.
- More Fuel Efficient Trucks on the Way, But Can You Afford One?
Everybody loves saving money on gasoline, especially independent truckers. More miles per gallon might just make or break your profit, but the long-term savings come at the cost of the initial investment. Are you ready to buy a new truck just yet? New EPA rules already mandated higher MPG for pickups and semis a few years ago. By the spring of 2015, we'll hear about the next round of standards that will apply to model year 2018 and later.
- Check Out the February Truck Technology Exhibition in Nashville, Tennessee
If you've never been able to check out the Truck Technology Exhibition in Nashville, Tennessee, this year is a great year to make it an annual event! The Exhibition takes place from February 16-19, 2015, and it's packed full of great events for you and some of the most valuable members of your fleet and team.