- New App Makes Crossing to Canada Easier for Truckers
Trucking across the border just got a whole lot easier for those making their way between the U.S. and Canada. Livingston's new app Shipment Tracker streamlines the scanning and tracking process for shipments headed either direction.
- What is Jason's Law and What Can Truckers Do to Help?
The lack of adequate, safe truck parking is a growing problem. States have been closing public rest areas to save money and truck stop parking is limited, leaving truckers to pull over on entrance and exit ramps and seek other alternatives when parking isn't available. According to research by the American Trucking Assns.
- What's Ahead For The Trucking Industry?
Most truckers recognize some drastic changes have occurred in the industry since the recession began in 2008. Higher fuel prices, more legislative mandates, and reduced consumer spending have all taken their toll on many who depend on this profession for survival.
- Looking For A Great Online Logistics Directory?
Procurement and coordinating logistics is extremely fast paced. It is one of the most important roles within a business, with owners, sales staff and customers relying on you to get the product from A to B as quickly, safely and cost effective as possible whilst providing the best customer service on all levels.
- Truck Industry Capacity Under Pressure as Shippers Face Logistics Constraint
Trucker to Trucker - the best place to find trucks for sale on the Web - will look at the limits shippers are experiencing today in freight services: Shippers across the country are facing severe restrictions on their ability to ship cargoes across the country.
- UCLA Anderson Forecast says Economic Recovery on Track
Ed Leamer, the director of the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Anderson Forecast, reported that trucking business activity showed a decline in January 2011 using a 12-year tracking model. The good news is that economic recovery continues to gain momentum, though the January decline does need explanation.
- US-Mexico Barebones Document Issued by DOT - Job Losses and Safety at Risk
The US Department of Transportation (DOT) released what it refers to as a "barebones concept document" to act as a starting point for a cross border trucking agreement. Manufacturers and importers already praise the agreement proposals, which come two years after the Obama administration axed a pilot project established by the Bush administration.
- Truck for Sale: How Do You Raise the Money?
Many companies deferred major capital expenditure in 2010 because of the harsh trading conditions, but the New Year has brought in a blast of fresh trading air. With the reinvigorated trucking industry, and the lure of increasing business demand, 2011 is going to be the year when many operations upgrade their equipment.
- 10 of the biggest semi truck screw ups of all time
10 of the greatest semi truck screw ups of all time, a must read for truckers, tell us about yours here.
- Trailer Insurance for Trailmobile Trailers
Let’s take a look at how to get trailer insurance for Trailmobile trailers, and a few tips for keeping your premiums reasonable.
- Battery Disconnect Switches for Truckers
According to one of the leading manufacturers of battery disconnect switches, these innovative pieces of equipment protect from theft, battery drain, and accidental starting.
- Rand Mcnally Enhances Routing and Mileage Software
Rand McNally today introduced significant additions to its IntelliRoute® and MileMaker® commercial trucking solutions to help carriers and shippers save time and money.
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation vs Selective Catalytic Reduction
Exhaust Gas Recirculation vs Selective Catalytic Reduction, understanding the basics and Making sense of it all.
- Truck Cost Per Mile
Truck cost per mile is easily figured using Scott Elgin's book Cost Per Mile
- Fuel Saving Tips: Truckers Are Slowing Down
Truckers are cutting speed to save fuel.
- Cheating on Your Driving Log Book
CBS report truckers saying that everybody cheats on their log books
- Memo to Shippers and Consignees: Get Your Shipping/Receiving Ops in Shape
Truckers are not responsible for loading or unloading. The recipient or shipper is.
- DOT Selects Six National "Corridors of the Future"
trucker news, truck routes, Corridors of the Future, Missouri DOT, DOT, I-70, I-95, I-5, I-10, I-15, I-69, interstate routes, federal transportation, interstate travel, traffic congestion
- Teamsters Work to Keep Mexican Trucks Off US Highways
The Teamsters Union went to court to keep Mexican trucks from entering the U.S. as part of the NAFTA cross-border trucking program.