Drive Lumber or Log Trucks in beautiful Northern California for the World's Largest Supplier of Redwood!
Through our partnership with The Home Depot, Mendocino Forest Products brings beautiful redwood and Douglas-fir lumber products to customers throughout the West Coast. Our redwood companies consist of approximately 440,000 acres of timberlands in the state of California and our Commercial Truck Driving jobs will include driving big-rig vehicles to & from forest lands, to & from Sawmills, distribution centers in and around metropolitan areas, and or hauling logs, heavy equipment and construction materials.
We haul renewable wood products from the forest to the mill with a final destination of marketplace and it takes a team of 18-wheel semi-trucks with professional drivers. Both the log and lumber truck driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of wood products, or the machinery used to harvest and manage the forest.
- Completion of truck driving school with one year min OTR or min three years related exp/training or equivalent.
- Clean MVR, current DOT medical
- Ability to complete paper driver logs, reports as needed, on-board driver log computer, daily inspections, minor maintenance, calculate load weight.
- Ability to read and interpret specific documents, follow GPS or map directions, sit and operate manual transmission, foot pedals dig, pick up and or throw binders, wrappers or straps. Tarp and untarp occasionally
- Ability to traverse narrow and winding roads, crowded highways, changing weather and surface conditions
- Prefer log or lumber hauling experience
Our drivers are much more than a highway driver because of the ever-changing and unique payloads hauled over diverse road conditions - from mountainous forests to congested highways; these drivers have extensive knowledge and a variety of responsibilities. The drivers often work independently, may frequently coordinate closely with other workers during loading and unloading, dispatch, customers and vendors. All of our drivers receive ample job-tailored safety and drivers training.
- Home nightly, drive modern, comfortable and quality equipment
- Paid by the hour for all the time you work, including overtime hours.
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance with low employee premium. 401 (k) tax savings plan, employer match and others.
Review our website and on-line video to consider applying for a career with Mendocino Forest Products or Humboldt Redwood Company today!
We value diversity in employment and are an equal opportunity employer, offering drug free workplace.