Truck Driver School Scholarship Application
Applications are now being accepted!
$500 Scholarship for Future Truck Drivers
Trucker to Trucker is pleased to offer two opportunities for a $500 scholarship for truck driving students who are currently enrolled or will be enrolled in an accredited driving school.
Qualified applicants are welcome to submit an essay of up to 500 words which answers one of the following questions:
- Why did you decide to become a professional driver?
- What would a scholarship from Trucker to Trucker mean to you?
The deadline for the Fall Scholarship application is November 1st of each year. Applications will be read and judged by the editors of Trucker to Trucker LLC, and a winner will be announced on December 1st.
Applications are welcome from anybody who meets the application requirements. If you are a currently enrolled student driver working to obtain your CDL license and start a professional driving career, we invite you to apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Details and Requirements
- A $500 scholarship will be offered to a single applicant who meets all requirements below and completes the full application.
- Those who apply must be at least 18 years old and be accepted to or attending a driver’s training program at an accredited institution based in the United States.
- The application must be completed in full with 300-500 word essay uploaded in Word or Text format.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old and be accepted to or attending a driver’s training program.
- The Driving School must be through an accredited institution within the United States.
- All Applicants must be a United States citizen.
- All application fields must be filled out and include an original essay by the applicant.
- Winning applicant must submit a photo of themselves, proof of age, and proof of enrollment at an accredited Driving School.
Process for Application
- All sections of the application must be completed, which includes the name, address, phone, email, and name of Trucking School.
- The information from the applicant must be truthful and accurate. Any uncompleted areas or false information will result in the disqualification of the applicant.
- An essay of at least 300 words, but no more than 500 words, answering one of the questions given above must be uploaded and included in application. Essay should be saved as a Word (.docx or .doc) or Text (.txt) document to upload.
- If you wish to apply, please review the application requirements and submit through the online application form.
- A panel of editors for TruckertoTrucker.com will review each application and essay. The winner will be chosen based on their completion of all requirements above and the Trucker to Trucker editors’ opinions of the essay.
- Upon notification of having won the Scholarship Award, the winner must supply a personal photo within 1 week. The image must be suitable for website use to publicize and promote the Scholarship and TruckertoTrucker.com.
- Applications are currently being accepted. The last day to submit for the Fall Scholarship is November 1st.
- If you wish to apply for the Truck Driving Scholarship Award, please review the application requirements and submit through the online application form.
- A Winner will be announced December 1st for Fall Applicants.
Scholarship Application Form
The Fall 2016 Scholarship Contest ended Nov 1. The winner will be announced December 1st. A $500 scholarship is awarded December each year, so watch for the next contest.
Additional Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- TRUCKER TO TRUCKER AWARD: The TruckertoTrucker.com Scholarship payment for $500 will be made by check and paid directly to the winners accredited truck driving school upon proof of enrollment in the year the award is given. The scholarship funds can only be applied to expenses related to the program such as tuition and books. An email will be sent to the winner one week before official announcement. At which time, the winner will be required to submit a photo of themselves, which can be used to publicize the scholarship program, prior to the announcement date. If a useable photo is not submitted within that time period, the award will be forfeited. The recipient is responsible for all taxes related to the Scholarship Award, and must notify their financial aid office of the funds they’ve been awarded.
- PUBLICITY: Scholarship recipient agrees to allow Trucker to Trucker LLC to use their name and likeness in all media forms to promote Trucker to Trucker and the Scholarship Fund.
- TRUCKER TO TRUCKER’S RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND, OR MODIFY: Trucker to Trucker LLC retains the right to suspend, modify, or terminate the Trucking School Scholarship Program at any time.