- Preventing Summer Heat Tire Blowouts on the Road
Hot weather can sometimes be harder on your truck that cold weather and we need to know the tips for keeping our trucks safe for us and other drivers. With temperatures rising, the heat can be bad for our tires. If you add high temperatures to increased friction, high speeds, and turning corners on hot asphalt, this can cause your tire to heat beyond the recommended temperature, potentially causing a blowout. A tire blowout not only affects us, but can affect those around us, too.
- Could Vibration from Truck Driving Drive Up the Incidence of Prostate Cancer?
Sitting too much on the job has been linked to a higher risk of health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease. For truck drivers, there's another risk to be aware of. New research has shown that men who drive trucks might have an increased risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Why Your Battery Has to Work Hard in Winter
Why Your Battery Has to Work Hard in Winter
- Truckers: How to Stay Safe Even In Dangerous Winter Weather
Truckers: How to Stay Safe Even In Dangerous Winter Weather
- Make a Trucker's Snow Emergency Travel Kit
Make a Trucker's Snow Emergency Travel Kit
- Intra State Hazmat Haulers Face Texting Ban
There is a federal ban for all interstate truckers from driving and texting, however federal rules apply only to interstate commerce. Or truckers driving solely within a state, federal rules do not apply, however states are promulgating their own rules (which we reported on earlier this month).
- What If You Lose Your Job – Be Prepared
Reportedly, the country is in a recession. Whether it is or not is really only a technical issue for economists.