College Scholarship Application
Applications are now being accepted!
Two $500 College Scholarships for Students with Family in the Transportation Industry
Trucker to Trucker is pleased to offer two $500 college scholarships for college students who have a family member in the transportation industry. The students must be currently enrolled or will be enrolled in an accredited 2-4 year degree program.
Qualified applicants are welcome to submit an essay of up to 500 words on one of the following topics:
- What would a scholarship from Trucker to Trucker mean to you?
- Tell us about your family member in the transportation industry.
The deadline for the College Scholarship application is May 1st of each year. Applications will be read and judged by the editors of Trucker to Trucker LLC, and a winner will be announced on June 1st.
Applications are welcome from anybody who meets the application requirements.
Scholarship Details and Requirements
- A $500 scholarship will be given to two applicants who meet all requirements below, complete the full application, and are chosen by the selection committee.
- Those who apply must be at least 18 years old and be accepted to or attending a 2-4 year degree program at an accredited college or university based in the United States.
- The application must be completed in full with 300-500 word essay uploaded in Word or Text format.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old and be accepted to or attending a college degree program.
- The college or university program must be through an accredited institution within the United States.
- All Applicants must be a United States citizen.
- All application fields must be filled out and include an original essay by the applicant.
- Winning applicant (only the winner, not all applicants) must submit a photo of themselves, proof of age, and proof of enrollment at an accredited college or university.
Process for Application
- All sections of the application must be completed, which includes the name, address, phone, email, name of school, and relative in the transportation industry.
- The information from the applicant must be truthful and accurate. Any uncompleted areas or false information will result in the disqualification of the applicant.
- An essay of at least 300 words, but no more than 500 words, discussing one of the topics given above must be uploaded and included in application. Essay should be saved as a Word (.docx or .doc) or Text (.txt) document to upload.
- If you wish to apply, please review the application requirements and submit through the online application form.
- A panel of editors for TruckertoTrucker.com will review each application and essay. The winner will be chosen based on their completion of all requirements above and the Trucker to Trucker editors’ opinions of the essay.
- Upon notification of having won the Scholarship Award, the winner must supply a personal photo within 1 week. The image must be suitable for website use to publicize and promote the Scholarship and TruckertoTrucker.com.
- Applications are currently being accepted. The last day to submit your application is May 1st.
- If you wish to apply for the College Scholarship Award, please review the application requirements and submit through the online application form.
- A Winner will be announced June 1st.
Scholarship Application Form
The College Scholarship Contest ended May 1. The winner will be announced June 1. Two $500 scholarships are awarded in the summer each year, so watch for the next contest.
Additional Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- TRUCKER TO TRUCKER AWARD: The TruckertoTrucker.com Scholarship payment for $500 will be made by check and paid directly to the winner’s accredited college or university upon proof of enrollment in the year the award is given. The scholarship funds can only be applied to expenses related to the program such as tuition and books. An email will be sent to the winner one week before official announcement. At which time, the winner will be required to submit a photo of themselves, which can be used to publicize the scholarship program, prior to the announcement date. If a useable photo is not submitted within that time period, the award will be forfeited. The recipient is responsible for all taxes related to the Scholarship Award, and must notify their financial aid office of the funds they’ve been awarded.
- PUBLICITY: Scholarship recipient agrees to allow Trucker to Trucker LLC to use their name and likeness in all media forms to promote Trucker to Trucker and the Scholarship Fund.
- TRUCKER TO TRUCKER’S RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND, OR MODIFY: Trucker to Trucker LLC retains the right to suspend, modify, or terminate the College Scholarship Program at any time.